1 box of penne pasta
1 yellow onion, large, chopped
3 gloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 small bag of red beans
1 tsp of dried mint
Salt for seasoning
1. Soak the red beans in water overnight. Use enough water so the beans are completely submerged.
2. Drain and rinse beans. In a pot, submerge beans under two inches of water. Cook on high heat until the water starts to boil, turn heat to low, cover and cook until the water has evaporated. Beans should be soft but not breaking apart. If they are not soft enough add some warm water cook until beans are tender. Then boil and rinse pasta
3. In a large skillet, saute the onion for a minute. Add tomato paste and desired salt to the onion. Then add the cooked beans and ½ cup of hot water cook on low until the water evaporates.
4. In a bowl, mix the yogurt and the minced garlic.
5. In a serving plate spread the pasta on the bottom. Layer the yogurt mixture on top. Place read beans over that and sprinkle dried mint on top and serve